An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team for the 2023-24 austral summer as Post Officer, working at South Georgia, running one of the most southerly Post Offices in the world.
The Government of South Georgia & the South Sandwich Islands runs a highly successful Post Office and shop in the old whaling station of Grytviken, South Georgia. Welcoming over 14,000 visitors from across the world who visit the Territory on cruise ships, yachts and research vessels, the Post Officer represents the Government to a wide range of visitors.
This role requires an individual who has exceptional customer service skills, and who iscomfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Detail orientated, you will be responsible, self-motivated, and conscientious, with an ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
We require two Post Officers in place for the austral summer, from Sept 2023 to March 2024.
Due to the requirement to work on South Georgia, successful completion of a medical screening process is a prerequisite for appointment.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Proven retail experience (not essential).
- Experience using Point of Sale (POS) software (not essential).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Confident communicator.
- Responsible, self-motivated, and conscientious, with an ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
- Numerate and competent in the use of standard IT packages including Word and Excel.
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records.
Closing Date: Friday 16th June 2023, with interviews the week commencing 26th June 2023.
For the Information Pack including details of how to apply download here [.pdf]. Job Specification here [.pdf].